As a Side by Side volunteer you will enable people living with Dementia
to keep doing the things they love, help people to stay connected in their
communities and build the confidence of individuals to stay active and engaged
in social and recreational activities.
What you’ll be doing:
- Participating in activities you share an interest in with a person with dementia to help them to keep doing the things they love – or pick up new ones!
- To give advice to people living with dementia and signpost them to services to enable them to live well
- Assisting and supporting people living with dementia
- Communicating regularly with the coordinator and/or lead volunteers
This will suit you if you:
- Want to support, enable and empower people with dementia
- Are a good verbal communicator with great listening skills, especially face to face
- Are happy volunteering on your own and keeping in touch with your team
- Can provide a committed, flexible approach and are willing to learn
Depends on the client's premises
- DBS check required
You may be asked to complete a DBS or Access NI check, in line with the DBS authority’s guidance. A criminal record will not necessarily stop you being able to carry out this role
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel) agreed before you start in line with our policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Training provided
Essential learning & training to be complete before starting in your role will take the form of a mixture of in person training and e-learning. Training, guidance and support to ensure safeguarding and service standards
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
1 + hours per week if possible. A commitment of at least 6 months
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.