Here at the Basingstoke Wellbeing Centre, we support, advise and inform anyone affected by mental health. We deliver training, group activities and courses to encourage people to talk about their health and support them to better manage it within their everyday lives.
We are now looking to provide a structured singing session for our service users and are looking for a singing lead to run this. It will be designed around the Connect 5 principles and it will offer everyone a chance to connect with others and have fun in a safe and supported environment.
These sessions will be held fortnightly at the Basingstoke Wellbeing Centre and the sessions will last 2 hours (we are flexible with this).
As the Singing group leader volunteer, your duties will include:
- Leading the group and using singing as a way to better manage their health
- Putting together musical sessions that meets the needs and tastes of the people who attend
- Making sure the sessions are well-run, flexible and responsive to the group
- Welcoming and chatting with people with our service users
- Tidying up the room after the session and putting away the tables and chairs
The role will suit you if you...
- Have experience of, and an interest
- Have sufficient musical knowledge to
be able to use and lead a range of songs and musical activities
- Are able to sing competently
- Understand the potential emotional
and psychological benefits of singing
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Have some understanding of mental
health and its impact on people or if not, are willing to learn
- Are willing to lead the group and
help ensure those who attend have an enjoyable time
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Agreed in advance
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
In regards to how to manage those we support.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
3 Vyne Road