The Hampshire SENDIASS Service provides information, advice and support for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disability and their parents and carers. Through our social media channels we want to:
- share information about the SEND world with parents
- engage and empower young people to stand up for their rights and make informed choices about their education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and skilled volunteer who will work closely with the service manager, SENDIASS team members and young people to create exciting, informative content for Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. This is a home based opportunity, and we anticipate there will be a time commitment of approximately 4 hours per week.
The successful volunteer will have experience in creating online content. They will have excellent IT skills and written English. They will be capable of communicating with and working closely with young people who have SEND. Ideally applicants will also have personal or professional experience of SEND.
Although the role is home based, the volunteer will work closely with the SENDIASS manager. This will involve meeting up in person to discuss content plans, personal development and training associated with the role. The successful applicant will also be invited to participate in regular SENDIASS team meetings to get to know colleagues and share best practice.
- Help to create and maintain a social media plan.
- Use social media to:
- provide information for young people on SEND issues
- provide information for parents and carers on SEND issues
- promote the activities of Hampshire SENDIASS
- advertise events and services that are of interest to SENDIASS customers
- encourage customers to share and comment on the issues raised in our posts
- get feedback on and development ideas for the SENDIASS service.
- Work with SENDIASS staff and young people to research, draft, edit content including posts, stories and videos.
- Undertake training commensurate with the role.
If you would like to have an informal discussion about this role please register your interest today.
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent written English
- Ability to effectively communicate with and engage young people with SEND
- Ability to draw the key messages from articles or factsheets and create engaging, informative content
- Consumer and creator of content for YouTube, Facebook and Instagram
- Personal or professional experience of SEND
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/10/2021
End Date: 07/10/2025
Flexible. Time commitment will be approximately 4 hours per week
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.