Whitchurch Children's Festival is an outdoors arts festival on Saturday 31st July and Sunday 1st August 2021, to be held in a watermeadow in Whitchurch, alongside the River Test. we are looking for volunteers to help us with stewarding duties on both days. Duties include monitoring of site entry and exit, monitoring of car park, litter picking/waste management and gazebo dismantling.
The aims of the Whitchurch Children's Festival are:
- To support children's mental health and wellbeing, which is of particular importance in these Covid-19 times, through arts, creativity and culture.
- To connect children to nature and to engage and deepen their emotional connection to the natural beauty of Whitchurch through engaging with them in creative responses to the landscape.
- Creative activities which inspire children to care and do something which will positively impact on efforts to tackle the Climate Emergency and biodiversity loss.
We intend for this festival to become an annual event and have already achieved Arts Council 'Artsmark' status
Proactive and positive 'can-do' attitude is a must! You will be working with a team with a small core committee of existing volunteers who are keen to ensure the festival is a success for the community. Ours is a small, family-oriented festival and we hope to make it a special a weekend for families in the Whitchurch and Overton area after a particularly difficult year.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 31/07/2021
End Date: 01/08/2021
One off event 31st July and 1st August 2021
This opportunity has no specific location.