For people recovering from illness, or who are facing a recent diagnosis, being able to stay in their own home can make all the difference.
Our Support at Home Volunteers help with shopping, getting to appointments or checking in with a phone call. Spread the power of kindness with us and help make a difficult and distressing time a little bit easier.
We are looking for people who:-
- Live in Farnham, Aldershot, Ash and Ash Vale, Mychett, Farnborough, Camberley, Bagshot, Lightwater, Yateley, Fleet, or Church Crookham.
- Can volunteer at least two hours per week between 10am - 6pm Mon- Fri or 10am- 4pm Sat and Sun.
- Have access to their own vehicle with business insurance.
Why we want you
If you are compassionate and like helping and meeting people, then this could be the role for you. Volunteers like you support people with day to day tasks and help to build their confidence so that they can continue to live independently in their own home.
What you will be doing
- Visit people in their home.
- Bring people home from hospital and settle them in.
- Give companionship, including relieving a carer or relative for a short time.
- Support with shopping and collecting prescriptions.
- Help people to get to medical appointments.
- Keep records of tasks.
The skills you need
- Warm and friendly with empathy for others.
- Good communication skills.
- Encouraging and supportive.
- Enjoy meeting and spending time with new people.
- Can work independently and as a part of a team.
- Able to commit to a regular shift.
What's in it for you
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team.
- A great opportunity to develop your existing skills and gain new ones.
- All training and induction for the role (there is no charge for training).
- Reasonable pre-agreed travel expenses for the role including for attending training.
- An opportunity to be part of the world’s largest humanitarian organisation and the knowledge that you are making a difference to people’s lives.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 29/11/2021
End Date: 29/11/2022
Looking for people who can volunteer at least two hours per week between 10am - 6pm Mon- Fri or 10am- 4pm Sat and Sun.
This opportunity is available in the following areas: