Please note that the organiser is on annual leave until the 14th August so there may be a delay in receiving a response to any enquiries.
Basingstoke Voluntary Action are launching a computer refurbishment scheme, our scheme is an offshoot of the very successful project run by the Fleet Lions. The scheme collects donated computers, refurbishes them and then donates them to children whose families aren't in a position to buy them a computer to access their school work.
We need people with a background in I.T. to carry out the refurbishing which involves -
- wiping the hard drive
- installing Windows 10
- setting up drivers and software
- testing all components
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity and the project please submit an enquiry and we will contact you for a no obligation informal chat.
- Volunteers for this role need to have the skills to independently carry out refurbishments as listed above. Technicians from the existing scheme in Fleet will offer training on the scheme.
- Hours are flexible, work can be carried out either at home or at the office based in The Orchard near the town centre.
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
See main description
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Launch date of project to be confirmed. Flexible role, work can be carried out either at home or at the project office in The Orchard building near the town centre.
White Hart Lane