We're looking for a Treasurer to support our small local charity which provides advice and support to families of children with Down Syndrome.
Tasks will include:
- Acting as a scrutineer of the charity's finances.
- Reporting to our board of trustees on financial performance.
- Providing advice on aspects of charity finance.
- Implementing appropriate financial policies and procedures.
- Being part of and contributing to our trustee board.
- Preparing the financial report for the AGM / Charity Commission
- Overseeing the Independent Examination of Financial Accounts
We estimate the time commitment to be approximately 10 hours a month; Our board meetings are weekday evenings 8pm - 10pm in Fleet. The remainder of the role can be undertaken via email / phone from home/office.
Ideally finance background not necesserily an accountant but with a good head for numbers and business.
You will need to be over 18.
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Where applicable and with receipts.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
Informal chat and references.
- Training provided
There will be support from other members of the trustee board and day to day financial operations are undertaken by a book-keeper.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Board meetings are held in the evening in Fleet. The remainder of the role can be undertaken from home/work.