We're looking for a Treasurer to join our small board of trustees in supporting our playgroup.
Tasks will include:
- All aspects of banking including on-line.
- Issuing of bills and invoices.
- Maintaining 3 year forecasts and budgets.
- Staff wages to be sent to the payroll company.
- Organising petty cash.
- Providing financial reports for committee meetings and the EECU
- Completing end of year reports and the annual returns for Charities Commission or FSA or Companies House as necessary.
- Ensure all monies are spent appropriately.
- Arrange annual audit of accounts by third party.
We estimate the time commitment to be approximately 10 hours a month. You will be expected to attend a monthly meeting, currently a Tuesday evening (but this can be flexible) from 8pm. You'll also need to allow
for time in between meetings to respond to emails, complete any actions
and carry out responsibilities.
We are looking for someone with the skills to take on the tasks listed above - ideally with a financial / accountancy background or working towards a qualification.
You will need to be over 18.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
The committee will provide support and guidance.
- Training provided
There will be a hand-over period.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Board meetings are held monthly with the exception of August. Meetings currently are held on a Tuesday evening from 8pm.
Youth Suite Court Moor School