The role of the treasurer is to ensure that all the finances and the supporting financial
control systems are kept in order. The treasurer is not the bookkeeper. She or he does not
hold or maintain the financial records nor is she or he the sole custodian of the cheque
book. The treasurer must delegate day-to-day financial management to the bureau
manager or other staff.
· financial qualifications or experience
· some experience or knowledge of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
· the skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
· preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board
· willingness to be available to staff to provide advice and guidance on financial matters.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Quarterly Trustee Board & finance committee meetings in addition to production of quarterly accounts.