Yelabus is an organisation that operates in Hampshire, Surrey and Berkshire providing community transport to groups based in Yateley. It also operates services under contract from local authorities. The turnover is around £50,00 pa.
It employs one fulltime Operations Manager and two “As and When Required” Drivers, its operation is mainly covered by local volunteers.
We are lucky enough to have a local firm of Accountants that undertake the role of booker and advisory which reduces the demand upon the Treasurer.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation
Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Ability to run one’s homes account satisfactorily (ESSENTIAL)
- Knowledge and experience of current and fundraising finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations. (DESIRABLE)
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management (ESSENTIAL)
- Good financial analysis skills (ESSENTIAL)
- Ability to communicate clearly (ESSENTIAL)
- Age restrictions
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
When can I volunteer?
We are small friend organisation that is run by a group of 7 Trustees if you decided to join us, we meet once a month but you don’t need to attend every meeting, we meet on Tuesday at 13:00 but we could be flexible.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.