Interested in becoming involved with a local group? Good with accounts? Maybe a background in finance or bookkeeping?
PAG is a local charity who provide activities for children and young people with disabilities and additional needs, that live in Rushmoor and the surrounding areas - they have been running for over 10 years and are currently looking for an experienced book keeper to support our board of trustees.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Undertake bookkeeping duties and ensure bookkeeping is kept up-to-date.
- Arrange payments to creditors as appropriate and arrange appropriate signatures on payments.
- Make the necessary arrangements to collect payments from debtors and bank payments promptly.
Able to commit a few hours a month to undertake the small bookkeeping duties needed to run our regular clubs and events.
Knowledge of bookkeeping.
Experience of financial management preferred.
Ability to communicate clearly.
The role can be home based.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Where applicable and with receipts.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
Informal discussion and references.
- Training provided
We are happy to support further training / courses where appropriate.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The role is flexible - requiring a few hours commitment per month. The majority of correspondence is via phone and email. There is a bi-monthly meeting of the committee currently held remotely.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.