Do you have an interest in the environment? Would you like to get involved in an organisation which is committed to waste reduction across Rushmoor? If so, this rewarding role could be for you!
Rushmoor Repair Café are committed to reducing waste by promoting the repair of household items over disposal. Since launching in October 2022, our volunteer repairers have helped 200 local people repair more than 170 items, ranging from a remote control Dalek to valued family heirlooms.
We have recently secured CIO status and are looking for experienced Trustees to help us shape the organisation and develop our plans for the future. The Board of Trustees is responsible for the management of the affairs of the Rushmoor Repair Café. It conducts its business through its meetings and follows agreed processes and procedures. It produces reports to funders and where appropriate to its regulators the Charity Commission. This is an unpaid role. Reasonable expenses, e.g. travel costs, reimbursed.
We encourage our Trustees to occasionally attend the Repair Café which is held on the third Saturday of the month at the West End Centre in Aldershot.
Each Trustee should have:
- A commitment to the mission of Rushmoor Repair Café
- Previous experience serving on a Board of Trustees
- A willingness to meet the minimum time requirement needed to effectively
perform your duties as a Trustee
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to take decisions for the good of the charity
We welcome applications across a broad range of experience but we are particularly looking for skills and experience in the
- Business development and marketing
- Charity law and governance
- Collaborative partnerships
- Military and Veteran engagement
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
Signposted to online Trustee training
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
This role is very flexible to fit in with your availability. Trustees are required to attend quarterly board meetings, Annual General Meetings and any extraordinary meetings.
West End Centre