Do you have an understanding of the needs of people who have learning disabilities? Are you able to assist the Chair to work with the Board to ensure proper governance of Basingstoke Mencap? In addition to working with the chair and board you will maintain a good working relationship with and act as critical friend for the charity manager and assist them with business and strategic planning. You will be required to deputise for the chair, if required, to call and chair trustee meetings and be the public face of the charity in communication with external stakeholders.
- understanding of the needs of people with learning disabilities and commitment to inclusion
- understanding of the governance role in relation to the operational responsibility of the manager
- effective communication and leadership skills
- competent with Office 365 and Teams or willing to learn
- understanding of budgets
- able to attend meetings, network and visit projects
- Age restrictions
Over 18's only
- DBS check required
To be discussed. Needed if there is involvement in regulated activity.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Recruitment Process
- Volunteers covered by insurance
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 07/06/2021
End Date: 07/06/2022
Weekly board meeting on Thursdays
White Hart Lane