Hale Community Centre, an active, creative and resident-focussed organisation, is looking for a new Company Secretary. The role is key to ensuring that all general meetings are convened in accordance with the governing document, and that any decisions at general meetings, including changes to the constitution, are made in accordance with legal requirements.
It will involve:
· Ensuring that all meetings are held and conducted according to the governing document
· Ensuring that all necessary documentation is sent to Companies House and the Charity Commission within the deadlines set
· Ensuring that trustees are correctly appointed according to the law and the governing document
· Ensuring member/ Trustee details are kept up to date
· Arranging and administrating meetings, including practical arrangements, preparing and circulating agendas and papers, ensuring that meetings are properly convened, constituted and quorate, confirming what decisions have been made and monitoring their implementation, keeping minutes and ensuring that proper records are kept
of the work can be done at home.
We are looking for someone with:
· Administrative experience, including of taking minutes
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- With a key eye for detail
- Ability to ensure decisions are taken and followed up
Experience of working with a charity would also be of benefit, along with an interest in working with the community and making a difference to people’s lives.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Board meetings take place quarterly in the early evening at the Centre and last for about two hours, If interested there are opportunities to be involved in some of the activities run by the Centre in support of local residents.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.