Our Church - what we do in the community
All Saints is a lively church, which is investing in the future. We are a welcoming church providing traditional and contemporary worship. We also offer a wide range of support across the local community covering children and families, young people, pastoral care, and bereavement support, in addition to wider outreach across Ukrainian families, our Foodbank and debt counselling… as well as supporting other local and worldwide churches.
All Saints Church, Odiham is recruiting a volunteer bookkeeper/accountant to work alongside the Finance Administrator, Treasurer, and wider finance team, and process all our income and expenditure into our accounting system, prepare quarterly and year end accounts and be involved in the longer-term planning and budgeting of the church finances.
- good data entry and IT skills (Email, Word, Excel, databases) including use of accounting software
- experience of bookkeeping and basic double entry accounting - income and expenditure and balance sheet
- good communication and relationship skills and the ability to explain financial matters to lay people
- alerting the Treasurer to problems in a timely way
- mathematical skills, with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- good administrative skills for filing financial records
- analytical and problems solving skills
- skilled in working collaboratively and effectively in a team, as well as maintaining motivation and delivery when working on their own
- adaptable and flexible
- good time management and organizational skills, able to work to deadlines and under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
- experience of fund accounting – unrestricted, restricted, designated and endowment
- understanding of accounting best practice for charities
- full or part qualification in accounting (ACA, ACMA or ACCA)
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Five hours a week, flexible and largely home working - local person ideal.
The Benefice Office
Deer Park View