Our Volunteer Car Drivers provide Patient Transport Services across Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey and Sussex.
Our Volunteer Car Drivers are an integral and valued part of our Patient Transport Service. We have over 100 volunteer car drivers who provide transport to patients who are mobile and need to access non-emergency medical appointments.
If you have the desire to help people, willing to offer us your spare time to help your local community and enjoy driving then becoming a volunteer car driver could be for you.
Our volunteer car drivers find the experience very rewarding and our patients appreciate the personal and friendly service
· Transport patients between home and medical appointments
· Get the patient to their medical appointment in a safe and relaxed manner
· Support the patient and put them at ease on their way to appointments
· Thanks to your volunteering you are helping make a difference to SCAS
· Happy to represent South Central Ambulance Charity and our aims and values
· Passionate about South Central Ambulance Charity’s work
· Friendly and enjoy a chat (helping to put people at ease before heading into a medical appointment)
· Able to provide regular volunteering time
· Have a car with five doors and with a valid MOT
· Be covered full comprehensive with Business Insurance
· Valid and current driving licence (no more than 3 points)
- Age restrictions
Not suitable for under 18s
- Current Driving Licence
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
mileage expenses - confirmed on joining
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity has no specific location.