Do you enjoy working with people? Would you like to make a real difference to people's lives in your local community?
We are looking for a volunteer to take on the new role of Volunteer Coordinator to help engage new volunteers to train with us and to support them as they embark on the most rewarding journey of advice training or supporting roles. This is a great opportunity to learn about different volunteer roles and build on valuable skills such as communication, advertising and recruiting.
● complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
● talk to volunteers about their role and their experiences
● help staff and volunteers to arrange a talk or event to promote the local Citizens Advice to people at community events, colleges/universities, local companies, groups, volunteering fairs etc.
● help staff and volunteers to attract volunteers from a range of backgrounds
● use local press, radio, social media, local Citizens Advice website and newsletter to promote volunteering opportunities
● help staff to recruit new volunteers including replying to volunteer enquiries and arranging interviews
● help to identify which recruitment methods have been successful and why
● help volunteers to reflect on their experiences of volunteering and explore reasons for volunteers who leave
● support new volunteers with induction and IT
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
● be friendly and approachable
● be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
● have excellent verbal and written communication skills
● have a positive attitude towards volunteering
● have good IT skills
● be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
● be willing to undertake training in your role
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 20/07/2021
End Date: 20/07/2023
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer
Hart Civic Offices