The Source Young People's Charity is a local Christian Charity based in Aldershot. We celebrate diversity, and our doors are always open to anyone regardless of faith or background. Our core values are: Expressing God’s Love, Rooted in Prayer, Igniting Hope, Renewal, Acceptance & Inclusion, and Empowering.
We are looking for Volunteer Counsellors/Therapists to help us support and empower Young People aged 14-25 years, living in Aldershot and the neighbouring towns.
The role responsibilities include: providing weekly sessions in our office, online or over the phone to help support Young People develop emotional intelligence, self-esteem and resilience. Support can be short-term, or longer based on the needs of Young People.
Role description and information:
As a Counsellor/Therapist you would have the privilege of:
· Seeing a young person’s life transformed
· Supporting them to build resilience, emotional intelligence and positive self-esteem
· Help them to develop essential life skills
· Assist them to make informed choices
· Provide emotional support where young people are facing difficulties.
- Delivering 1:1 counselling/Therapy sessions at our premises. We accept practitioners trained in different modalities.
- Sessions can be either online, over the phone or face to face.
- We can also consider practitioners trained to support parents of young people.
- To be committed to the values of The Source and share in our mission to support young people to transform their lives.
- To participate in ongoing training as required, online and in the office.
- To attend regular clinical supervision.
- To establish a positive and supportive therapeutic relationship with a young person and be a source of encouragement to develop their emotional intelligence, self-esteem and resilience.
- To provide committed and personalised support to a young person based on their individual needs
- Sessions to be consistent, at the same time and day where possible.
- To keep records as required.
- To adhere to the policies and practice of The Source. In particular to safeguard the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults to prevent abuse.
- To complete expense sheets and submit these in the allotted time frames.
Counsellors needs to be at least on an approved level 4 course (or equivalent) certified by BACP or NCS or other regulatory body. We will also accept relevant practitioners and therapists from other regulated bodies.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 09/12/2021
End Date: 07/04/2022
We are looking for people who can support at least two young people a week. You will also need to attend supervision and have weekly catchups with your coordinator.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.