Would you like to help local people in need?
We are a food outreach unit, based in Camberley (shortly moving to Frimley) which has been running since 2005 to help the most vulnerable people in the community. The cost of living crisis has amplified an already existent issue and we are a lifeline to many.
We have managed to extend our links to other restaurants, in addition to the current supermarkets, resulting in us having access to more food options.
We therefore need evening drivers to collect the food after restaurants and supermarkets close, sometimes as late as 11:30pm, and deliver it back to our unit to put into our freezers and fridges.
This would be helping so many our local vulnerable families as we can either deliver to them, or schools and churches so volunteer drivers who can help with the distribution of the food during the day would also be so welcomed.
- Current driving licence
- Access to a vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Able to pick up crates of food (not very heavy)
- Friendly nature as you will be coming into contact with staff
- Well-organised and reliable
- Ability to follow policies and procedures
- Liaise with the manager regarding the weekly food collections
- Liaise with the staff when arriving at the supermarket, restaurant or school
- Collect food from various local supermarkets and restaurants in Farnborough, Camberley and Bagshot.in the evenings and deliver it back to our unit
- Collect food from our unit and deliver it to local schools or families in Farnborough, Frimley, Camberley during the day
- Follow food
safety and hygiene procedures at all times
- Keep the store
room organised and tidy
- Follow our
procedures including Code of Conduct, safeguarding and GDPR at all time
- Feedback any information from the supermarkets, restaurants or schools to the manager
- Current Driving Licence
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Weekly commitment - you should have a regular slot but there may be some additional collections if we are low on stock levels (subject to your availability)
ANC Food Outreach Unit