Julian House is looking for self-motivated, outgoing and empathetic people who could volunteer to provide support to vulnerably housed, rough sleepers or someone using homelessness services in Basingstoke.
In this role, you will work alongside a team consisting of, Community Activities Network Workers, Assertive Outreach Workers and Navigators. You will be helping to identify people who are sleeping rough or homeless. Helping them to Engage with Agencies, Grow in Confidence and Independence. This will involve walking the streets and engaging with people during the outreach hours. Ideally, we ask that you are:
· Over the age of 18 years old.
· Understand the causes of homelessness and its impact.
· Ability to work with people who may have offending behaviours, substance use, or mental health issues with sensitivity and respect.
· Adhering to Julian House policies and procedures
· Maintaining appropriate boundaries and confidentiality.
We particularly welcome applicants with experience of using and moving on from support services.
A desire to help improve other people’s lives
Friendly & outgoing personality
Ability to work as part of a team
Excellent listening skills
No qualification necessary
Must be reliable and empathetic
Positive and proactive attitude is essential
People with lived experience of homelessness are positively encouraged to apply
- Age restrictions
suitable for under 18s
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 23/04/2021
Flexible hours, weekly, fortnightly, monthly or occasionally
65 New Road