Would you like to help the local community by using your admin/receptionist skills?
As a receptionist, you will be working closely with our team of advisers to assist them in dealing with clients, either face to face or through phone and email. You will be providing day to day admin support such as adding clients to our database, scanning documents, dealing with post and handling general office duties.
An induction and full training will be given.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge and enjoys working with people. The work is varied and you have a real chance to make a difference in the running of our office
SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Good communication skills especially on the phone
- Good IT skills
- Friendly nature
- Non-judgemental approach
- Keep calm under pressure
- Answering the phone, replying to emails and dealing with the post
- Welcoming all clients and visitors to Citizens Advice
- Manage the inbox and add information to the database
- Help with day-to-day running of Citizens Advice
- General admin duties
- Willing to undertake training
- Follow data protection and confidentiality procedures
- Learn about Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Minimum of 1 day a week
The Ash Centre
Ash Hill Road