We are looking for home-based volunteers to act as translators for us. Your time, skills and energy will change lives, whether you're raising money, raising awareness of modern slavery or helping with our services or marketing. Together we can reach further, shout louder and get closer to a world free from slavery.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life and have a wide range of experience and motivations. Whatever your reason for deciding to volunteer, we want to make sure you enjoy your time with us and know how much we value your support. Many of our service users do not speak English as their first language and they rely on high quality translation to understand information.
We are looking for people who can accurately translate text from English into any of the languages below:
- SouSou Bambara
- Kurdish Sorani
- Malayalam Yoruba
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and one or more of the languages listed above
- Grammatical accuracy as it relates to translation
- Good proof reading skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work to deadlines
- High level communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Aged 18 or over
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.