To be a trustee on this fresh Board is an exciting and fulfilling role, primary objective is to ensure that BDDF fulfils its duty to its members and delivers on our vision, mission and values. The main activities of this role are :
- To attend monthly Board meetings, (along with regular communication via email), approximately 4-5 hours per month, plus support at BDDF events.
- To implement the business plan;
- ensure governance and management of BDDF;
- to be an advocate for BDDF and its aims;
- to assist with fundraising efforts; be able to speak your mind;
- have good independent judgement and strategic vision;
- and commitment to BDDF plus the willingness to devote necessary time and effort.
Successful experience of operating within a board in a charitable or public sector organisation / experience of working at managerial / decision making level in business.
Experience of fundraising in charitable / not-for-profit organisations.
Demonstrable experience of building and sustaining relationships with members and colleagues to achieve organisational objectives.
A track record of sound judgement and effective decision making.
A history of impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
A track record of commitment to promoting equality and diversity.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
White Hart Lane