Could you spare a couple of hours a week to help at our Farnborough club? Are you friendly, personable and enthusiastic? Then we'd love to hear from you!
Our Farnborough club offers fun and friendship to older people in Rushmoor. Activities include quizzes, tabletop games, seated exercise, kurling, memory boxes and skittles. We also have guest speakers talking about a range of interesting subjects. We provide refreshments and there's always the chance to have a chat over a cuppa!
The role involves:
- Ensuring the venue is safe and welcoming for our members
- Setting the room up appropriately
- Meeting and greeting our members
- Helping any members with limited mobility
- Engaging with our members and helping with the activities
- Assisting with refreshments.
You may also have a specific skill or interest you would like to share with our members; we’re always on the look out for new activities – if so we’d be very interested to hear from you.
You can also try a taster session to see if this volunteering role is for you!
We are looking for:-
- happy, enthusiastic individuals to help us deliver a fantastic service to our club members
- team players who are happy to get involved in all aspects of the meetings
- volunteers who are aged 16 or over
Benefits of this Volunteering Role
- This role allows you to expand and develop at your own pace. We provide you with an induction, ongoing training, support and reimbursement of out of pocket/travel expenses.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to give something back to the community and to experience the positive impact that volunteering can have to help improve the lives of older people in Rushmoor.
- Age restrictions
16+ students welcome.
- DBS check required
We organise and pay for this
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Out of pocket/travel expenses.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
Application form. informal chat, references.
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
Taster session available.
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The Farnborough club runs every Thursday from 2pm-4pm
Blunden Hall Community Centre
102 Blunden Road