Youthwatch Hampshire is a network of volunteers aged between 16 and 25 who are passionate about young people’s rights, and keen to make a difference in health and social care.
As a volunteer you will find ways of reaching out to young people to gather their experiences and understand what is important to them. This can include:
- Designing surveys and speaking to young people directly in ‘focus groups’
- Research, analysis and report writing • Organising events and workshops
- Collaborating with schools and other young people’s groups
- Using different ways of reaching out and getting your message out there, such as social media campaigns and filming
- Representing Youthwatch Hampshire at meetings with the people who run local services (NHS and Local Council).
- Presenting your project findings in different and exciting ways
- Advocating for change and improving local services by making recommendations to the people who design and run services
Our volunteers benefit from:
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Regular supervision
- Enhancing their CV and employability
- Developing team working skills
- Developing leadership skills
- An increased understanding of health and social care systems and services
- The opportunity to specialise in the area that most interests you. This could be
research and report writing, events organisation, media and communications. You
will work closely with Healthwatch Staff who will provide guidance and support to
develop your skills in the chosen area.
Our volunteers don’t have to have any previous experience, just be passionate about making health services better for local young people.
When working as a Youthwatch Volunteer you need to be:
- Open minded and tactful
- Be able to work within the boundaries of your role
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team
Healthwatch’s mission is to represent our community, and we encourage
volunteers from all backgrounds, faiths and communities, of all sexual
orientations, gender identities and disabilities to come and volunteer with us!
If you feel you need any adjustment or support in ordered to volunteer, please
talk to our Volunteer lead and we will be happy to help you.
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
You must be able to attend the induction training session/s offered. This is a flexible role and time commitment will be agreed with you and the other Youthwatch Volunteers.
This opportunity is available in the following areas:
More Opportunities from Healthwatch Hampshire
Healthwatch Hampshire Ambassador
Enter & View Volunteer