Our attractive, spacious Victorian Village Hall began life as a terrace of six cottages, known as Pleasant Row. They were donated to the parish in 1869 by Revd A G Barker for the good of the people of Sherfield on Loddon.
The middle four were converted into the Hall in 1909 by his wife and sons in his memory, and a plaque and portraits of the benefactors may be seen inside the building which now forms the Main Hall. The Hall has been a much valued part of our local community ever since. Sherfield-On-Loddon Village Hall is greatly valued as a central venue for activities at the heart of our thriving local community. In addition to hosting a variety of groups and classes, we also welcome community events such as The Flower Show. The Village Hall based committees also organise fundraising events such as the very popular annual Beer
Festival and the Village Fete – one of the largest fetes of it’s kind in Hampshire, attracting some 5,000 visitors.