Could you spare just 5 hours a month?
Home-Start Hampshire is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with children 0-11 years.
Family Support Volunteers offer regular support and help to families under stress either in their own homes or at family groups, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown. Because childhood can't wait.
In addition to Family Support Volunteers, Home-Start Hampshire also relies on the support of our Community Team, a group of volunteers committed to raising awareness of Home-Start Hampshire throughout the communities we serve and fundraising to support sustainability of the organisation through the following core but not exhaustive role requirements.
Main purposes of the role: To work in the local community team to raise awareness of Home-Start Hampshire and the work we do, raise much needed funds and help to build and strengthen community relations.
- Network in the local community to promote Home-Start Hampshire and its services (promote to your friends, family members, your church, those at your sports club or work colleagues or other groups such as Lions, Rotary)
- Attend pre-arranged events on behalf of Home-Start Hampshire, e.g., recruitment fairs, summer fetes, Christmas fairs, sporting challenges as a competitor or moral support cheerleader!
- Undertake fundraising from home - bake cakes and sell them to neighbours/family, use and actively promote online fundraising schemes (easy fundraising, Amazon Smile) to friends and family, undertake challenges for sponsorship (stop smoking, lose weight, no sweets or alcohol for a month) - you choose!
- Join a local team to support the organisation of an event(s) to raise funds for Home-Start Hampshire.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Community Team to share ideas, skills and where applicable, run joint events in local areas across Hampshire.
Volunteer skills, attitudes and motivations:
- Enthusiasm - we are looking for new and innovative ways to raise funds and to engage local supporters
- Commitment - we ask that our Community Team volunteers can offer reliability, dependability and work as a trusted member of a team
- Time - able to give time to the activity or event from beginning to end
- Passion - for the ethos of Home-Start Hampshire, understand the needs of parents, the vital importance of children's early years and positive mental health for all the family
- Sensitive and caring attitude - towards others, able to work with a non-judgmental attitude, including positive attitude to working with people of any gender, family status or sexual identity, ethnic origin, culture, or religion, or who may have a disability
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Where applicable and with receipts.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
Informal discussion, application form and references.
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The role is flexible and can be fitted around other commitments. We envisage just 5 hrs a month can make all the difference.
This opportunity is available in the following areas: