This supported volunteer role is for volunteers who have or who are recovering from a mental health condition.
Blooming Marvellous aims to empower those who would like to volunteer but would like some support to do so due to a mental health condition. Our supported volunteers enjoy making a difference to the gardens and green spaces of Rushmoor. They help local residents and the community whilst building happier and healthier lifestyles for themselves by improving their mental health wellbeing.
Our main activities are:
- Carrying out one-off 'make-overs' in the gardens of local residents
- Improving community spaces in Aldershot and Farnborough
- Managing our allotments in Aldershot
- Working with other local charities
- Going on trips and outings
- Participating in training and information sessions to learn new skills
We hold several sessions a week to carry out our activities and support each other as well as take an active role in the development of the project.
No special skills needed as training and support are provided.
We are looking for volunteers who:-
- Have or are recovering from a mental health condition
- Enjoy working outside
- Have an interest in gardening
- Like helping others
- Would like to help improve the local environment
- Would like to make new friends and build a healthier lifestyle.
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
We have sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays in Aldershot and Farnborough.