Volunteering as part of our advice team, helping people with the problems they face, providing information from our public information website.
We train our assessors, which help in developing the skills needed to deliver an excellent level of service to our clients in several channels including telephone, email and webchat.
As a digital assessor you’d:
- Be the first point of access for Citizens Advice clients when they call our national telephone service number
- Help with a wide range of problems and issues our clients face.
- Support the general public across all ages and backgrounds.
- Give information from our Citizens Advice online information system and other sources to our clients.
- Keep records of all our clients’ cases and contacts.
- Attend internal and external training courses (travel expenses will be reimbursed).
- Help to identify unjust practices.
Personal skills and qualities we are looking for include:-
- Be good at listening
- Have a good telephone manner
- Be confident or familiar with keyboard skills, including searching the internet
- Maintain case records
"Having confident keyboard skills and being able to use a digital case recording system
Having an open mind, approachable and non judgmental
- Enjoy helping people.
- Respect for views, values and cultures that are different to our own.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
My be self study
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Royal Oak Close
C/O Civic Offices