The Hampshire Healthy Families 0-19 service is a partnership between Southern Health Foundation Trust and Barnardo’s. We are looking for enthusiastic and creative people to support us in our work throughout Hampshire. Our volunteers are highly valued members of our team, supporting us and health visitors in the delivery of services and workshops to families, providing better outcomes for more children.
Our Family Support – Group Helper volunteer role is diverse and flexible, and will suit a range of personal skills and preferences.
Our volunteers can:
- Support families during Child Health Clinic sessions, creating a welcoming, friendly and safe environment for families and actively promote key public health messages (resources & appropriate training given where required);
- Be a peer befriender, supporting parents/carers to access local services;
- Help run a Ready Steady Mums group (social walking group);
- Support the delivery of our courses and workshops to parents (Five to Thrive, School Readiness, HEART Healthy Eating, Activity & Resources for Toddlers, Baby Talk, and Toddler Talk).
Our volunteer role is usually available across eight areas within Hampshire, however due to current Covid-19 restrictions we are not currently delivering our service in a face-to-face capacity, and Child Health Clinics are not currently running. However we are providing online support to families and all of our workshops and courses listed above are being delivered via Zoom and we welcome volunteers to support with this digital delivery. Once Covid-19 restrictions lift we will be looking to return to working in the community.
Do you have:
- A wish to volunteer with children and adults;
- Good listening skills with a caring approach;
- Patience and friendliness?
- A ‘people person’ who is positive and encouraging;
- Open-minded and flexible in your approach;
- Willing to be supervised by service staff and health visitors;
- Willing to input your hours into our online volunteering system each time you volunteer;
- Happy to provide satisfactory references and for Barnardo’s to complete a DBS check before you start your role?
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
Application form, Interview, References.
- Training provided
Regular supervision and support from the Hampshire Healthy Families 0-19 team whilst you are volunteering. Coupled with access to additional online training and development.
- Volunteer induction
Full volunteer induction online: including Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, and Professional Boundaries;
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
The role is available during the day, Monday to Friday, 9.00am to 5.00pm only.
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.