Are you a "people person"? Can you help people get across what they need to say? Are you patient, understanding and want to help people in need in the community? You could be a Gateway Assessor!
Gateway assessors help clients get the right help in the fastest time possible. They assess people's needs, either face-to-face or over the phone, and identify the most appropriate course of action. That might be self-help information, referral to a specialist organisation or an appointment with a CA adviser. As a gateway assessor you would:
* greet clients and explain the gateway assessment process
* explore the client's problem(s) and situation
* assess the risk/urgency of the client's issue and their ability to deal with the problem themselves
* identify the next step that needs to be taken
* summarise the content of the interview for the client and explain what happens next
* ensure clients know they can return if necessary
* update the database, completing the gateway assessment screens.
Our next training sessions starts January 2019.
Specific qualifications or experience are not required to train for the role. You need to:
be good at listening
have a good manner when talking to people
have basic computing skills
be open minded and non-judgmental
enjoy helping people
- Age restrictions
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?