The association's constitution states that Trustees must live within Bishops Green and its immediate neighbourhood.
The role of Treasurer is a trustee position in the association.
The Treasurer will ensure that the association is spending its money in the right way and is able to meet its financial obligations. They will liaise closely with the committee to ensure the association's finances are on track and give them early warning of potential financial risks.
The role involves;
- keeping the association accounts
- preparing invoices and issuing receipts for tenants and casual bookings
- paying expenses
- managing utilities
- obtaining quotes for work and services
- presenting financial reports at committee meetings
- preparing annual accounts for external check
- preparing accounts and reporting on finance at the Annual General Meeting
- submitting financial information to the Charity Commission
- making forecasts for the business plan
- sourcing grants for projects
The volunteer Treasurer will need to have the following skills:
- ability to keep accounts
- computer skills, including spreadsheets (Excel) and databases
- able to work from home
- able to work well as part of a team
They will also need to be eligible to stand as a Charity Trustee. For information regarding Trustee eligibility please see the information on the Governments website - www.gov.uk/guidance/charity-trustee-whats-involved
- Age restrictions
Not suitable for under 18
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Flexible hours, working from home
This opportunity can be carried out whilst working from home.