As Ocean Stars grows and evolves as a voluntary organisation, we are looking for committed individuals to expand our range of Trustee skills. We expect Trustees to contribute actively to the Board by giving strategic direction; defining goals and setting targets; evaluating performance; ensuring the charity’s effective and efficient administration and financial stability. Overall we are looking for people who share our passion for the work we do.
Trustees will need to:
- attend up to six meetings a year (usually Thursday evenings in Fleet, Hants) and an annual away day;
- act as board support on a particular operational area (supporting the operations manager as required);
- contribute advice and support on an ad hoc basis; and
- attend fundraising events as required.
You can find out more about our work at www.oceanstars.org.uk
We are particularly looking for people who can support the board with any of the following skills:
· Knowledge of Sri Lanka, or experience of international development in a similar context
· Experience of helping small organisations grow
· Governance structures and leadership
· Finance / accounting
NB if you feel you have other skills to offer, we would still be keen to hear from you.
Must be able to travel to Fleet for meetings.
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Meetings are generally on a Thursday evening and are held around six times per year. We would expect a trustee to commit to staying in post for a minimum of two years.
2 Netherhouse Moor