Do you like walking? Enjoyed walking during lockdown? Maybe with a nice cuppa at the end?
We are looking for 'Walk Leaders' to support
participants in achieving the aims of “Hart Health Walks” by leading or
assisting a series of planned local walks starting and finishing at specific
points. The walks are 50 - 60 minutes long with short walks (10 - 30 minutes) organised for those less able. At the end of the walks there will be refreshments and a chance to chat.
Walk leaders are
asked to undertake a range of tasks, including:
· Assisting new participants in completing health questionnaires and other paperwork,
if not already completed online.
· Leading or assisting individual walks, either long or short walks, ensuring the overall safety of the group.
Research, plan and risk assess suitable routes where necessary.
This is a great role for someone who appreciates the outdoors and can gently encourage others to participate and enjoy walking within their own physical capabilities.
Volunteers need to:
· Enjoy walking and the benefits associated with it.
· Have good communication and organisational skills.
· Be friendly, approachable and comfortable in a group to make the walk a "social occasion".
· Be reliable and punctual.
· Be non-judgmental and have an understanding of the needs of others.
· Have some knowledge of their local area.
There is some training required and walk leaders will need to attend a Hart Voluntary Action training course for volunteer walk leaders.
We initially offer a 'taster' session for potential leaders to meet the existing team and come along on a couple of walks before deciding that you would like to progress to becoming a walk leader.
The role is physically active.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Recruitment Process
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Leaders can help at one or multiple sessions... the choice is yours. Walks are usually a maximum of 1 hour and walk leaders are asked to arrive at least 15 minutes before hand to welcome walkers. Locations: Monday: Hook Tuesday: Crookham Village Wednesday: Fleet and Yateley, Friday: Hartley Wintney Thursday: Odiham
St John the Evangelist Church
Crookham Street Social Club
The Lismoyne Hotel
45 Church Road
The Parish Room
Cafe 46 (next to St Peter's Church)
St John's Church