We are looking for volunteers to prepare hot food such as pasta with shop-bought, jarred tomato sauce and toasted sandwiches at our Junior and Senior Young Carers Clubs, which run during term time on the following nights:
- Monday from 6:30-8:30pm for Years 7-10 (i.e. 11-15 years) – Senior Group,
§ Tuesday from 5:30-7:30pm for Years 3-6 (i.e. 7-11 years) – Junior Group.
Volunteers are asked to arrive 30 mins before the start of the session to help set up and stay on 30 mins after the food is served to clear away.
This could be a weekly or fortnightly commitment.
Hart and Rushmoor Young Carers is a project managed by Hart Voluntary Action - a local charity based in Fleet which supports the voluntary and community sector. We deliver a support service to anyone aged 7-25 years living in Hart and Rushmoor who cares, unpaid, for a family member who is ill, disabled, has a mental health condition or an addiction. We provide young carers clubs during term time for School Years 3-6 (Junior Group), 7-10 (Senior Group) and Young Adult Carers aged 16-25 years, as well as additional opportunities for members to attend trips and residentials, and respite activities during the school holidays.
The main focus of the clubs is on the young carers having fun, meeting other young people who are in a similar situation and receiving respite from their caring responsibilities. An additional aim is to give the young carers as many enjoyable, educational and challenging activities as possible to help improve their confidence, develop new skills and cope with issues that affect their lives.
• Enhanced DBS check (applied and paid for by HVA) and two references required,
• Able to get there with own transport or by public transport,
• Free parking available at venue,
• Mileage expenses (and parking charges if travelling to other venues) are reimbursed at 45p per mile,
• Volunteers need to be 16+ years.
• Food safety and hygiene qualification desirable but not essential. We can support to access such training.
• As a volunteer at Hart and Rushmoor Young Carers you will be asked to sign a Volunteer Agreement and familiarise yourself with relevant policies.
• Please note that due to the nature of this role it is not suitable for volunteers with learning difficulties or mental health concerns.
• Able to work as part of a team,
• Patience and calmness.
- Age restrictions
- DBS check required
- Equal Opportunities Policy
- Expenses reimbursed
Free parking available at venues. Mileage expenses (and parking charges if travelling to other venues) are reimbursed at 45p per mile.
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
- Training provided
Support to access youth work related training if of interest.
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Mayfield Community Centre